Alcanza Clinical Research Holdings
Effective Date: August 3, 2022
- Interact with us in person, such as when you visit a clinical trial site or meet us at a health fair;
- Are referred to us as a potential candidate for enrollment in a clinical trial;
- Communicate with us through the Sites or by email, telephone, text, mail, facsimile, or other means;
- Sign up to receive email, text, mail, or other communications from us;
- Respond to our surveys, questionnaires, or requests for feedback;
- Apply for a job with us;
- Interact with us as a research partner, customer, vendor, supplier, or an employee or representative of the same; or
- Otherwise provide Personal Information to us, whether online or offline, in the context of our relationship with you.
What Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address, and broader categories of information, such as your professional information, commercial information, and Internet activity.
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access our Services. Depending on how you use the Services, we may collect the following types of information from or about you or your household:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, address, email address, phone number, and contact information;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, marital status, date of birth, disability, race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status;
- Health information, such as the health information we collect from or about you when we evaluate your eligiblity for a clinical trial, when you express your interest in a clinical trial, or when you participate in a clinical trial;
- Usage information, such as information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access the Sites, your IP address, the type of Internet browser used to visit the Sites, the areas of the Sites you visited and the actions you performed on the Sites, and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies as described in the “Cookies and Web Beacons” section below;
- Job applicant information, such as your resume, curriculum vitae, employment history, educational history, references, qualifications, and demographic information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your job application, such as gender and race.
- User account information, such as log-in credentials for a user account you create when using the Sites; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you inquire about a clinical trial, send us questions or comments, or otherwise communicate with us.
How We Collect Your Information
Depending on how you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you. We may collect information from you directly through your use of the Services or other direct interactions with us, such as emails or phone calls.
- Through automated data collection technologies. We may collect your information using automated data collection technologies as described in the “Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies” section below. For example, we may collect the IP (Internet protocol) address of the device you use to access our Sites and other browsing information, such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our Sites.
- From third parties. We may obtain your information through third-party sources, such as your caregiver; your legal representative; our research sponsors, partners, and collaborators; your health care provider; marketing partners; and service providers. We may combine this information with the information we collect about you to help us tailor our communications and improve our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information as outlined below:
- Provide the Services. We may use your Personal Information to provide the Services, process your job application, respond to your questions and comments, and send you communications about the Services.
- Clinical trial recruitment. We may use your Personal Information to determine whether you meet the eligibility criteria for enrollment into a clinical trial, recruit your participation in a clinical trial, and communicate with you about clinical trials in which we think you may be interested.
- Build and maintain our relationship with you. We may use your Personal Information to improve your experience with our Services, send you marketing messages about the Services that may be of interest to you, send you informational newsletters, and respond to your feedback, questions, and comments. We may also draw inferences from the Personal Information we receive about you, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, and interest in our Services.
- Improve the Services. We may use your Personal Information to facilitate and improve the operation of the Services, perform market research and analysis, analyze how the Services are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Sites and your user experience, conduct quality assurance activities, perform internal business reviews, and develop new Services.
- Improve the Sites and our Service offerings. Better understand your preferences and interests so we can improve our products, tailor our marketing, and better serve you and our other customers.
- Comply with legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings. We may use your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
We may also use your information for other purposes consistent with the context of the collection of your Personal Information, as otherwise disclosed to you at the time your Personal Information is collected, or with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information with the following types of third parties:
- Our research partners and collaborators. We may share your Personal Information with our research partners and collaborators, such as clinical trial sites and sponsors, as necessary to support the conduct of clinical trials, recruitment of clinical trial participants, and pharmacovigilance activities.
- Our service providers. We may share your Personal Information with service providers and vendors that perform tasks on our behalf, such as clinical trial management activities, marketing and analytics activities, and the operation and maintenance of the Sites.
- Public and governmental authorities. We may share your Personal Information with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over Alcanza, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies.
- Other third parties, as reasonably necessary. We may share your Personal Information:
- In relation to a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part);
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the services, load and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the services.
- Preference cookies. These cookies allow us to capture and store your information privacy related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies will display advertising on our website and on third party websites. Some of these advertisements may be interest-based, meaning that they are tailored to your interests or behaviors on our website or on other websites.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may also choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
Opting Out of Communications
We may communicate with you by email, telephone, or SMS text message about the Services, including clinical trials in which we think you may be interested. If you have opted in or otherwise qualify to receive these forms of communication, and no longer wish to receive such communications, you may opt‑out or unsubscribe by following the instructions that are included in the communication or by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Retention of Your Personal Information
As a general matter, we may keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. If a law requires us to retain your information for a longer period of time, we will comply with that law. We may also retain your Personal Information as necessary to protect our legal rights.
Security of Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of your information in our custody and control. No data, on the Internet or otherwise, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, Alcanza cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of your information.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through the Sites. However, like many websites, our Sites are not currently designed to recognize a “Do Not Track” signal from a web browser. As a result, Alcanza and third parties may track your online activities, including over time and across different sites and apps.
Alcanza does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 using the Site.
Information for Users Located Outside of the United States
Notice to California Residents
California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To request this information and for any other questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Notice to Residents of Nevada
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain personal information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. Alcanza does not sell your personal information. If that were to change in the future, we will provide Nevada residents with a method to opt-out of those transactions.
You can contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns by:
Write to: 421 Merrimack Street, Suite 203 Methuen, MA 01844
Call: (833) 578-7425