On 03/10/2020, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker declared a state of emergency over the concerns surrounding the novel Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
Presently BCT continues to stay open for the required patient visits, and to receive the necessary study supplies and medications. Our phone lines are fully operational.
Safety of our patients, colleagues, and visitors is our top priority. To reduce the risks associated with the outbreak and to prevent/reduce the spread of the disease, we are implementing the following:
- Ongoing study visits are conducted remotely when possible
- If an in-person visit is mandated by the study protocol, all patients are contacted by BCT study team to discuss their health status
- Patients who have been in contact with COVID 19 infected persons in the last 14 days are not going to be seen on BCT premises according to CDC guidelines and appointments will be rescheduled
- Patients’ temperature is taken upon arrival to BCT. Those who show symptoms of COVID 19 will not be allowed on-premises
- Only essential BCT staff remain on BCT premises to minimize the risk to patients and employees and enforce social distancing
- BCT staff will wear protective face masks
- All surfaces are being cleaned and disinfected after patient’s visits to prevent the spread of infection.
Monitors and Other Visitors:
- All non-essential visits to BCT office are postponed.
- BCT staff is accommodating Sponsors during remote monitoring visits
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, please visit CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html